Lofty has teamed up with Radio NewsHub to present the big news stories from around the globe that other radio news outlets may miss. Weekdays on the hour from 1am through 12noon, with further updates 2pm, 4pm and 6pm. Saturdays on the hour from 7am through 12 noon.
Democracy Now! is an international daily news program hosted by journalists Amy Goodman and Juan Gonzalez.
Produced in collaboration by three of Australia’s leading progressive community broadcasters – Radio Adelaide, 2SER Sydney and 4EB Brisbane, The Wire is Australia’s flagship national program for the community radio sector. Weekdays at 8am.
How is the #budget going to impact on your life? We have all the key points here:Read More
Rishi Sunak said the UK Infrastructure Bank will be located in Leeds. He told MPs: “The Bank will invest across the UK in public and private projects to finance the green industrial revolution.” #Budget2021Read More
"All alcohol duties will be frozen for the second year in a row" "Planned increase in fuel duty is also cancelled" #Budget2021 #RishiSunakRead More
Calls are growing to make farmworkers in New York eligible for the COVID vaccine “at a time when we’ve seen an increasing number of COVID cases among the farmworker population,” says Mary Jo Dudley of @Cornell. “The response is puzzling that this hasn’t happened yet.” https://t.co/ApjxbpkCaGRead More
Estella Cisneros of @CRLAinc says farmworkers in California are currently eligible for COVID-19 vaccines, but many are being left out of the rollout. "There's been a lot of inequities that we've seen," she says. https://t.co/eBzFkf5UiRRead More
"I believe the women," NY Assemblymember @rontkim says of the multiple women who have accused Andrew Cuomo of sexual harassment. "This is a long pattern of toxic behavior that we all know that exist in places like Albany." https://t.co/bRGD52jmeFRead More
New York Assemblymember @rontkim recounts a threatening phone call he received from Andrew Cuomo after he spoke out about the governor's cover-up of COVID deaths in nursing homes. "He personally got on the phone to threaten my career to suppress the truth." https://t.co/6jbyh4ouqXRead More
Porter denies all and takes a break #thewireRead More
Good morning! Today the show is produced @radioadelaide and we'll have the best current affairs stories for you at 5.04pm AEDT on the Community Radio Network. Stay tuned! @2ser @radio4eb @CBFgrants @CBAA_ @byronbayfm https://t.co/JTAWntWRSORead More
RT @mjrowland68: I am devastated by Michael Gudinski’s sudden death. He was a true champion of Australian music and the ABC. This was backs…Read More
RT @Reuters: U.S. Senator Mitt Romney recovering after fall that led to a 'lot of stitches' https://t.co/l4otYv7nYGRead More
RT @neighbour_s: “The government is hopeful his appearance will mark the end of the matter.”Read More
- Whats in the box Key things to look out for in Rishi Sunaks Budget
- Chancellor to extend furlough scheme until September as he unveils Budget
- Canadas most populous province says seniors will not get AstraZeneca vaccine
- Liverpool and Scotland great Ian St John dies aged 82 following illness
- Weekly Covid deaths fall to lowest level since start of 2021 ONS
- Anti-Choice Forces Use Pandemic to Slash Abortion Access in Preview of Post-Roe v. Wade World
- Black People Face Higher COVID Infections & Deaths. Should They Have Lower Age Cutoffs for Vaccines?
- A New Form of Jim Crow: Ari Berman on the GOP's Anti-Democratic Assault on Voting Rights
- Headlines for March 2, 2021
- Burmese Scholar: Military Junta Using Terror Against "Entire Population" to Keep Power After Coup