The Lofty Gigs & Events Guide is provided as a free service to community groups, sporting clubs, musicians, artists, promoters and others with an event to promote. To maintain the integrity of the Guide, and to ensure that we can continue to provide a service that is consistent with our Constitution, we respectfully ask that all submitters make themselves aware of the Guide’s conditions prior to submission.
- Gigs may be submitted by an artist, their management, their promoter or the venue at which said gig will be held.
- Where a gig is submitted by the venue, the venue is to refrain from incorporating any venue-specific promotions into said gig submission (e.g. drink specials, meal deals) unless said venue is a current Lofty sponsor.
- Events are to be of a community, amateur sporting and/or non-commercial nature.
- Notwithstanding Condition 3, an event may be posted by a bona fide community organisation, amateur sporting club, registered charity or other not-for-profit organisation where said purpose of event is a fundraiser to raise funds in order to assist the aims of said community organisation, amateur sporting club, registered charity or other not-for-profit organisation.
- Where an event is held at a venue deemed to be commercial premises (e.g. art exhibition at a cafe), said event is to be free of charge to enter, and there shall be no obligation to attendees to make additional purchases whilst attending said event.
- Where an event is held at a venue deemed to be commercial premises (e.g. art exhibition a cafe), said venue shall not promote their own commercial interests (i.e. food and drink specials) as part of said event, unless said venue is a current Lofty sponsor.
- Where a gig or event is held on the grounds of a religious organisation, such as a church or school, said event must be secular in nature.
- Pursuant to Lofty’s Constitution, we are unable to accept submissions for gigs or events of a religious or political nature (including but not limited to church services, bible-related seminars, election campaign fundraising or activism-related events).
- Please allow up to two (2) working days after submission before said event appears on the Guide.
- Lofty reserves the right to modify submissions that are in breach of the Guide’s conditions prior to acceptance and publication, provided that said breach or breaches are of a minor nature.
- Lofty, at its discretion, may provide additional promotion for a gig or event on-air via FM radio and/or online streaming.
Lofty also welcomes submissions from community organisations with ongoing campaigns, including radio spots not exceeding 30 seconds in length, subject to the above conditions.